To apply for a fiancé(e) visa (also known as a K-1 visa) from Pakistan, you will need to follow these steps:
- Gather the required documents: You will need to provide proof of your relationship, such as photographs and documentation of your time spent together, proof of your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)’s legal status in the U.S., and proof of your fiancé(e)’s financial support.
- Complete the necessary forms: You will need to complete and submit the following forms:
- Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
- Form I-129F Supplement A, if applicable
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
- Pay the application fee: The application fee for a fiancé(e) visa is currently $535.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed forms, required documents, and fee to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Wait for your application to be processed: The processing time for a fiancé(e) visa application can take several months.
- Attend an interview, if required: Some applications may require an interview before a decision is made.
- Receive a decision: Once your application has been processed, you will receive a decision on your application.
- If your application is approved, you will be required to attend a medical examination and obtain a police certificate from the government of Pakistan.
Please note that the requirements and fees for a fiancé(e) visa are subject to change and it is always best to check with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Pakistan or the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the most up-to-date information and requirement. It’s also important to note that having a criminal record, outstanding debts, or unpaid taxes to the government can affect the decision of your application.
Leave a Reply