To apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the United Kingdom, you will need to follow these steps:
- Check your eligibility: In order to apply for ILR, you will need to have lived in the UK for a certain period of time on a valid visa, such as a work or student visa. Check the UK government’s website for the specific requirements and eligibility criteria for ILR.
- Gather the required documents: You will need to provide evidence of your time spent in the UK, such as a valid passport, previous visa stamps, and bills or bank statements from the time you have lived in the UK. You will also need to provide evidence of your knowledge of the English language and Life in the UK test pass certificate.
- Complete the application form: You can apply for ILR by completing the application form on the UK government’s website.
- Pay the application fee: The application fee for ILR is currently £2,389.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed application form, required documents, and fee to the UK government.
- Wait for your application to be processed: The processing time for an ILR application can take several months.
- Attend a biometric appointment: You will be required to attend a biometric appointment at a specified location to provide your fingerprints and photograph.
- Receive a decision: Once your application has been processed, you will receive a decision on your application.
Please note that the requirements and fees for ILR are subject to change and it is always best to check with the UK government’s website for the most up-to-date information and requirement. It’s also important to note that having a criminal record, outstanding debts, or unpaid taxes to the government can affect the decision of your application.
Leave a Reply